Children’s Claims

Often accidents occur involving children – who are not able to make claims for themselves until they reach the age of 18. You can claim compensation and damages for your child if they are injured as a result of the negligent actions of another party even if the person responsible is a parent, guardian or other family member.


Accidents involving children can include:


- injuries sustained as a passenger in a motor vehicle
- injuries sustained as a cyclist or pedestrian, being run over
- injuries sustained at school or nursery
- injuries in shops or public buildings
- when visiting a theme park or funfair


The person who acts on behalf of the child is known as the “litigation friend”.

Your specialist at NW Law can advise and guide you through the process and help you to recover compensation for the physical injuries and possible mental trauma as well as for the cost of treatment and future care costs that may be required.

As with claims made by adults, your child’s claim will be treated with the utmost efficiency by our qualified specialists.

0161 772 9922

All of our team deal with this area of law – contact our New Client Liaison Officer, Tom Brayshaw, for further information.